PDA

View Full Version : Ladder-Styled Colosseum Tournaments

Raulaun
1st November 2010, 03:04
A ladder-styled tourney for the new pvp system with colloseum would be great. Maybe signups could start a week earlier with 1000-10000 players per bracket. Brackets could be for every 100 levels and 1000+ is one bracket. Rewards should scale depending on the bracket, but higher-ups can still get the low lvl bracket loot. You should get rewards for being the top 10, 3rd, 2nd and 1st. The rewards could be exclusive gear, mounts, generals, legions or pc gear. Also, you should be able to pick up cp based on your wins and losses. Fights should be done automatically with 1 position in the bracket done every hour over the course of a few days so players can watch their team's progress.

So in a nutshell: Ranked Ladder-Styled Colosseum Tournaments with rewards and brackets.

This would be a great idea for when colosseum is balanced and actually a firm gameplay feature.

flying sausage
1st November 2010, 03:40
With the stipulation that no additional tickets be purchasable.

Otherwise all someone needs to do is buy enough tickets to pick on the same farmable 2-3 people over and over.

Raulaun
1st November 2010, 05:54
Excuse me for saying so.. This is not about tickets or farming unlucky individuals : /

flying sausage
1st November 2010, 07:00
Excuse me for saying so.. This is not about tickets or farming unlucky individuals : /

I don't think you read.

I'm saying that it SHOULD NOT be about tickets and farming unlucky individuals..

Plain English.

Raulaun
1st November 2010, 11:11
It still has nothing to do with this thread, please dont thread highjack for your own biased unrelated opinions..

Ashura
1st November 2010, 11:30
It still has nothing to do with this thread, please dont thread highjack for your own biased unrelated opinions..

What he said has EVERYTHING to do with your thread.

And by the way, it's an internet forum. Anyone can comment on your post.

Don't be offended just because you can't read well.

And how exactly was the previous comment biased?

Raulaun
1st November 2010, 12:38
What he said has EVERYTHING to do with your thread.

It really is entirely unrelated. I do not care about the tickets and it is an entirely different unrelated thing, I am only discussing tourneys, not tickets. This thread is only for discussion about the suggestion. And yes, it is biased. My suggestion is biased, your accusations are biased. : /

Pil
1st November 2010, 13:36
whats flying ... man.. tht make me hungry..
anyway.. he make not make a direct related to Raulaun suggestion, its indirect related. flying sausage maybe wrong, but Raulaun are not entire right to dictate what to post.

And since there is total 6 + replies here.. and NONE ( as Raulaun expected ) are direct related... guess no one interested....

flying sausage
1st November 2010, 14:50
The tournament is a good idea. That's why I voted his post up and said thanks.

My comment is simply that the tournament should not allow for PC bought tickets.

Exactly what was so hard to understand?
I'm talking ABOUT the tournament he proposed.

whats flying ... man.. tht make me hungry..
anyway.. he make not make a direct related to Raulaun suggestion, its indirect related. flying sausage maybe wrong, but Raulaun are not entire right to dictate what to post.

And since there is total 6 + replies here.. and NONE ( as Raulaun expected ) are direct related... guess no one interested....

Pil
1st November 2010, 16:20
I know you are, flying sausage... but i simply dont like people dictate whats to comment.

Locke
1st November 2010, 16:59
Personally I would love a tournament in the Colosseum and/or normal PvP at some point when the system is tweaked to perfection and the Stats have been implemented. :) But I would like it to have some kind of a ticket system for attacks like it's now in the Colosseum (without the CP purchase though) instead of automated attacks suggested by the OP. Level brackets/ladders would be nice of course. :)

All this drama in this thread really is needless in my opinion. As I see it, FS only pointed out that if a tournament were to be held, it shouldn't be one with the option to buy tickets/etc with PC. That way it would be fair for everyone and would show who really is the best instead of showing who also has the biggest pockets. I don't see how it isn't about the original post. Neither do I see it as hijacking the thread for "own biased unrelated opinions." So no reason to get your panties in a knot, Raulaun. Just accept that people will want to, and should have to right to, point out things not directly brought up by yourself but still very much related to the topic at hand.