PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - buying stat upgrades with planet coins.

Starguardian
20th September 2010, 20:25
I had a thought and I wanted to brush it by everyone. One someone gets to a very high level, it can take some time for them to level up. Since this, or collecting items, is the only way to get stat points, what about being able to purchase an upgrade to your stats with planet coins? Say, for example, 20 planet coins for +5 to max energy etc.

~Nago
20th September 2010, 20:34
:cursing::cursing::cursing:

This is NEVER a good idea. It just creates an environment, where someone with a high credit limit becomes the strongest person in the game. Without evening having to do ANYTHING. At least by buying refills, you're still playing and leveling. With purchasable stats, someone could create an auto leveling character @lvl 10 (or less) and with that could essentially out power ANY other player even someone 1000 levels higher.

BAD IDEA.

Stewie Doo
20th September 2010, 20:36
It's always difficult for developers to maintain a healthy gap between paying and non paying customer. Those that pay need to feel like they are getting something special, whilst those that don't (or not as much) don't feel like they are being totally left behind.
Currently I believe DoTD manages that quite well, but I don't think that would be the case if people could purchase permanent stat upgrades.