PDA

View Full Version : Bonus incentive for loyal players.

Angelus
13th May 2010, 01:32
I can picture a system where players are rewarded for their loyalty by coming back to play every day.
For example, A reward for logging in everyday? (Building up to a better reward at the end of it)

Example:

Day 1: A random craft item.
Day 2: Random amount of gold from 100 - 1000
Day 3: A random craft item.
Day 4: A random weapon
Day 5: A random piece of armour.
Day 6: 10% off 'Special Services' for say the day.
Day 7: 5 Planet Coins

Or something else like playing for 10 days in a row (Signing in every day) and at the end of it, getting a set reward.

Special gifts for players who advertise? Or people that help the community with guides?

And so on so fourth...

-Angel

Cleomedes
13th May 2010, 01:34
Thank you for the suggestion. That's certainly the kind of thing we might want to consider for the future.

Angelus
13th May 2010, 01:55
No problem, I got a million useful idea's. =P

Felendis
13th May 2010, 02:06
I can picture a system where players are rewarded for their loyalty by coming back to play every day.
For example, A reward for logging in everyday? (Building up to a better reward at the end of it)

Example:

Day 1: A random craft item.
Day 2: Random amount of gold from 100 - 1000
Day 3: A random craft item.
Day 4: A random weapon
Day 5: A random piece of armour.
Day 6: 10% off 'Special Services' for say the day.
Day 7: 5 Planet Coins

Or something else like playing for 10 days in a row (Signing in every day) and at the end of it, getting a set reward.

Special gifts for players who advertise? Or people that help the community with guides?

And so on so fourth...

-Angel
Great idea, something we have been considering for a long time actually. Wont be in at launch, but its something we will look at again in the future. Keep em coming!

Lawrence
13th May 2010, 09:15
I remember a game that i played during my High School, every time we log in, there is an In-game Calendar where we confirm and check our game attendance for that very day. After having "Complete Attendance" for a week, we receive Regular Bonus Items, and after having "Complete Attendance" for a month, we receive an uber-cool bonus premium item that has a limit of 1 Month. It goes on and on and on.

It's a two-way program -- an appreciation for the players/loyal/active players and it leaves them wanting the game more, which is a plus on the devs' side. :D

Felendis
13th May 2010, 09:59
I remember a game that i played during my High School, every time we log in, there is an In-game Calendar where we confirm and check our game attendance for that very day. After having "Complete Attendance" for a week, we receive Regular Bonus Items, and after having "Complete Attendance" for a month, we receive an uber-cool bonus premium item that has a limit of 1 Month. It goes on and on and on.

It's a two-way program -- an appreciation for the players/loyal/active players and it leaves them wanting the game more, which is a plus on the devs' side. :D
There is a game called Grand Chase that played for a little while, I really liked how they did it, their system was similar to what you are describing. What was also cool about it, they had a third currency in their game that was what I called an 'engagement currency' that could only be attained from the daily check ins. If you were logged in for an hour per day, you would get the currency and could spend it in a special section of the shop, where there were items that could only be purchased with that currency. They were some powerful items, but they all had timers on them before they would expire. Its an interesting system, we dont have any plans to introduce another form of currency, but I thought I would mention it anyways. We will figure out something though, we really do want to reward the loyal players.

Lawrence
13th May 2010, 10:04
^Yes, Grand Chase. That was the exact game I was referring to. :)
It was really an awesome feature as you said. :D

I also agree that there is no need to add a third currency.

Angelus
13th May 2010, 16:00
Yeah screw the third currency and lets make a 5th and 6th! Haha. Just kidding. =P Yeah but anything like you've descibe that make more people want to play the game is F-ing amazing in my mind.

I'm sure you dev's will think of something.