PDA

View Full Version : legions... together we stand

lumine99
20th August 2010, 18:17
I'm wondering why this isn't applied in legions:

some generals and troops DO have their classes and attributes. and each of active troops and generals WOULD affect your own stats

class
Tank: bonus defense(2 for each troops, 5 for generals)
healer: faster health regeneration(-5 seconds for each troops, -10 seconds for generals)
melee: bonus attack(2 for each troops, 5 for generals)
ranged: bonus attack(2 for each troops, 5 for generals)
special: loot chance(+5% for troops, +15% for generals(inspired by ruth the miser; for quest items)

attributes
strength: bonus attack and defense(1 for each troops, 3 for generals)
agility: % to avoid damage(1% for each troops, 3% for generals)
intellect: greater chance to invoke buff(quicken mind, poisons, haste, expose weakness, etc)
wisdom: % to do extra damage(1% for each troops, 3% for generals)
special: extra gold and exp received(2% for each troops, 5% for generals)

Angelus
20th August 2010, 18:28
Could be interesting. Nice proposal.

Locke
20th August 2010, 18:58
Great thinking, lumine99! It seems you have your Intellect Troops in your Legion already! :)

lumine99
21st August 2010, 02:28
actually this is the initial stats bonus that I wanted

class
Tank: bonus health(5 for each troops, 10 for generals)<in most games tanker has lots of health to absorb damage done by enemies, thus the formation of shield wall would be a formation that you would like to have>

healer: faster health regeneration(-5 seconds for each troops, -10 seconds for generals)

melee: bonus attack(2 for each troops, 5 for generals)

ranged: % to evade attack<remember the term cover fire? it would prevent the enemies from attacking us. besides we don't use ranged weapons. then I thought, what if the developers started to produce ranged weapons???>

special: <don't really know what should I put here. it seems that the developers wanted the special class to be a class that supports the player(not supporting the battle)>

attributes
strength: bonus attack(2 for each troops, 5 for generals)<since strength would increase the damage done. but, WTH no bonus def stats!!!! having tank to give bonus def and bonus health would make them too awesome...>

agility: faster energy regeneration(energy based class<wanderer and such> is described as a traveler. and traveler would travel in dangerous place where they should agile enough to avoid traps and stuff. then, where should I put the faster stamina regeneration?? besides my explanation about traps and stuff would make agility more suited to avoid damage which makes the silver arrow an exceptional troops<range and agility>)

intellect: greater chance to invoke buff(quicken mind, poisons, haste, expose weakness, etc)

wisdom: greater chance to do criticals<knowing where the enemy weakness is the key to increase critical chances(remember the spell expose weakness description?)>

special: faster honor regeneration(which makes ruth an exceptional ally)

Evaluation:
this would make the bonus stats kind of weird. having bonus atk with no bonus def. having honor and energy regeneration with no stamina regeneration(again WTH!! what if I want lots and lots of stamina regeneration here >.<)

then I decided that I wouldn't tamper with the current regeneration stats<other than health(maybe I should change the healer bonus to extra health??? changing the timer could lead to lots of bugs here and there. thus halting the development of the game)>

the strength stats(in the first post) is kind of annoying to me. we already have some bonus attack and bonus defense from the tank and melee+range combo. besides, have you ever seen a strength based archer or spell slinger?[any ideas on this one?]

I'd like to put bonus health somewhere between tank and strength. however the term strength is more suited to attacking and defending<raw power>. remember RO has the VIT and STR stats where VIT increase defense and health(priority).

and thanks to angelus and locke for liking my idea :)

Karnage
21st August 2010, 02:42
decent idea in need of tweeking, but great start.. ill add a link to this from my Improvments thread

Ude Hikaru
21st August 2010, 04:05
Nice idea

Angelus
21st August 2010, 04:31
Yeah if that was laid out properly and thought over I'm sure that would be awesome