PDA

View Full Version : [Answered] Getting Luminaries More Involved

cryophallion
12th March 2013, 19:14
One of the great balancing acts of the game is the tiered system of leveling, so new players can get into the groove more quickly, but older players donít completely dominate everything by leveling too often.

However, while going down to 3-4 levels a day at 500 is workable, the level a day at 1000 is a much bigger change. For the players who donít spend real money on the game for various reasons, this is a time they can become extremely disconnected from the community, and the new players donít get as much a chance to work with them and get their insights (and help on failing raids).

Iím not sure of a clear solution to this currently, but I believe it is a detriment to the community at large. What things have you thought of to try to ameliorate this problem.

Blues
12th March 2013, 19:22
I agree with this completely; the wall at Luminary can be daunting and there is little that's more frustrating than feeling weaker (fewer levels = less potential damage vs. WRs). This is compounded by the hopeless of fighting in Colosseum.

While I understand the need to increase XP requirements and have PvP brackets, I feel there's a better way to do this than by create sudden, large jumps in "difficulty" that I'd imagine drives some players away. As for solutions, I don't know what the answer is. I understand that it'd be hard to change this without making large, sweeping changes that may not be desirable.

Belzial
12th March 2013, 19:48
Plus one to this, for the reason outlined above. Gotta go out now, but when i return I'll try and remember to contribute more meaningfully to the thread :)

Mouse
12th March 2013, 19:55
This is definitely something we're looking into. There isn't any single solution that will help resolve this, but we're confident that there are features and enhancements we can add to the game to help alleviate this concern.