PDA

View Full Version : [Answered] At Large Council Members

cryophallion
12th March 2013, 18:09
I know there is an inherent strength in meeting with council members and getting to know them and chat face to face with them.

However, a large part of the community is unable to make the commitment to make the trip, due to other real life obstacles. I know that since the number of people is small, this doesn't mean much in not getting requests, but have you considered a couple of at large council members to help that could come from the group of people who are unable to get away (or are too far away for it to be feasible for them).

Felendis
12th March 2013, 18:25
I know there is an inherent strength in meeting with council members and getting to know them and chat face to face with them.

However, a large part of the community is unable to make the commitment to make the trip, due to other real life obstacles. I know that since the number of people is small, this doesn't mean much in not getting requests, but have you considered a couple of at large council members to help that could come from the group of people who are unable to get away (or are too far away for it to be feasible for them).
Good question. We are coming up on doing 10 Councils now, and their value to the game, the community, and our team can not be understated. We are always looking to improve them, but we have no plans to change the requirement of being on site for the meeting.

That being said though, being part of a Council is not required to have your voice heard. I am sure you don't have to look far here on the forums to see community members that have never been on a Council but still have the ear of the developers and the community. We will always value the voice of the community and consider it one of our greatest resources.