PDA

View Full Version : Improvments

Karnage
18th August 2010, 12:45
- Lower cool down timer on tier 1 raids such as Ataxes and Horgak(48h instead of 72h)

- Allow group tap for specific groups to be gifted

- Daily login bonuses (possible 5th day bonus of 1 pcoin)

- Troop bonuses (grouping of specific troops or generals)

- Set/Partial bonuses for wearing certain groups of gear (i.e. If wearing all dragonscale items, players gets bonus attack or % damage)

- Remove raid option for raids you are viewing

- Attack button posted on player profiles.

- Higher level cap for generals

- No more introductions of items with weak procs such as Ragar's Lament (102 dmg at lvl 1 is still weak)

- Possible item socketing / with introduction of lootable gems and runes

- Character buffs

- Drop weak gear from "Help" links and equipment gifts (i.e. barrel lid shield, ect..)

- Special time based attack [allowed once per so many hours] (upgraded at same lvls as class upgrades)

- Item personalization (Tag with characters name to make it more Unique)[possible graphic change i.e. color/ambient color]

- Item forge (combine gear related items to increase stats/ add effects) [ raw material drops from quests i.e. steel ingots, ect..)

Add-Ons

Elemental magics (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1964-%E2%80%A2-Elemental-Magic-Proposal-%E2%80%A2-Read-it-all) - Angelus

Legion Bonuses (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2002-legions...-together-we-stand) - Lumine99

Armor Upgrades (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1058-Upgradable-armor-and-weapons) - Trinity

Blacksmith (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1962-Blacksmith-Generals-Troops-and-Seige-weapon) - Ude Hikaru

Achievements & Ranking (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1829-ACHIEVEMENT-and-RANK) - Ude Hikaru

Legion Suggestions (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2140-What-LEGION-you-like-to-have-in-the-future) - Ude Hikaru

Item Creation Thread (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2056-Item-Creation-Thread.) - Crainte

Amulets and other stuff (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2154-Amulets-and-other-stuff) - thunderchild

Guild Flag Upgrades (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2129-Guild-flaggs) - KnightofGOH

Armor set tabs (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2183-Quick-Change-Armour-Sets) - Darco Occisor

Unique Avatars and Upgrades (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?2285-Avatars-Auras-Glows-Alternative-Hairstyles-Facial-Expressions-etc.) - Crainte

* Will add as i find/think of them*

Il Palazzo
18th August 2010, 14:07
I totally agree with most of the points.

I'd add:

more crafting recipes, crafting lots of epic raid loot for legendary items, i.e. craft 50 Muramasa to receive the "Supreme Muramasa" and so on.
Right now when I see one I almost swear aloud ("seriously, no Roc Sinew but THREE MURAMASA?!?"), while it would be nice to have them for a use, expecially as not every player is interested in skirmishes. It would also add difficult strategic chioces, i.e. being stronger in skirmish or having a super cool sword (no contest for me, actually :P )

Draco Occisor
18th August 2010, 14:12

Deffo! was going to ask this myself, bugs the hell outa me, i dont want to watch people smashing the raid i couldent get in on =P

RockCastellum
18th August 2010, 14:24
I agree with some, not with others. I'll comment on the ones I feel most strongly about.

- Increase Rogar's Legacy damage proc on Rogar's Lament

I don't like this at all. Changing planet coin items after they are no longer available (or even after they have been released, but are not yet removed from the Bazaar) isn't a good practice to get into. It's a storm waiting to happen if they start doing this, and a sure fire way to make people mad enough to stop playing.

- Increase Saargash damage/proc or allow more than one per player

Why? I was hoping this was put to rest, but I guess it's not. At some point, there will be better units out, I'm sure. Just because he's not as powerful as some people want, this has become a hot topic. Sorry, but he's fine the way he is.

This could be useful. Personally, I would love to have a tab that showed users that have sent me gifts that I haven't return gifted yet. However, I can't imagine the programing involved with that...

These can either work really well, or really horribly. Though, I'm not really sure I like the idea of getting something merely clicking on the application... Though, it may help the "monthly user rate" or whatever, so it may end up being worth it just for that reason.

- Set/Partial bonuses for wearing certain groups of gear (i.e. If wearing all dragonscale items, players gets bonus attack or % damage)

I think it was said that this is in the works, but it makes all the sense in the world to have bonuses, so I have to agree.

At very least, this should be postponed until there is a battle log. Even then, I'm not so sure I like the idea of getting into a back and forth chain war...

I still think this should be a "privilege" for reaching the higher level marks.

Locke
18th August 2010, 15:08
Thanks for the suggestions, Karnage! :)

I have to agree with Numbers with pretty much everything he said. Other than that,

- Lower cool down timer on tier 1 raids such as Ataxes and Horgak

It's three days, or 72 hours, now, right? Hmm. Since they are so easy to farm components
from, I'm not sure if the cooldown timer should be lowered. I would personally keep it as
it is now to maintain challenge. It will also promote co-operation since one slayer can't
just keep spamming himself lowlevel monsters to kill but has to have friends to support with
the summoning. Maybe hold a farming event within a group of friends or your Guild to make
it less of a problem that the timer is 3 days? Would propably be more fun that way too. :)

Kind of mixed emotions about this one. I mean, I would love to be able to hit back when
someone abuses me in PvP but implementing the attack button would propably enable
"bookmarking" and that I don't like. Maybe place an attack button in the future PvP Log
instead? If it shows a person has attacked you, there would be a button from which you
could retaliate. But when the Log had passed over, the button would dissappear as well for
that person. Some people, including me sometimes, wants to test themselves against a
certain opponent so a profile attack button would be neat for that though. In the end, I'm
undecided. Hopefully these points help in some way though, even if I can't say for or
against. :D

I like this a lot in a way. Maybe it could be more interactive though. Requiring some skill too,
like a minigame that you could play certain amounts per day. Or you could make it playable
with Gold as suggested somewhere... But I do think it would be nice if we got a new way to
get items (inc. PC) that isn't tied to Stamina, Energy, Honor or Gifting. Would love some
in-game passtime activity when waiting for those bars to fill again.

more crafting recipes, crafting lots of epic raid loot for legendary items, i.e. craft 50
Muramasa to receive the "Supreme Muramasa" and so on.

I'm sure more Crafting recipes are on their way as soon as they come up with them and can
find the story slot to back them up. I do love Crafting and combining existing things into yet
better things so I gotta say I like this idea of making multiples of one item into a
stronger one. If it was implemented though, I would like them to be somehow logical and
have a reasonable back story to them. Wouldn't want them to feel out of place and just glued
on to satisfy people's Crafting needs. :)

Suggestion of my own:

- Add background stories to all Raids. I would love to know what Groblar is about and why is
he defending his Magic Mushroom Farm so vehemontly, hasn't he heard of sharing? :P
Maybe add a roll-over info to the Raid page similar to Item Tool Tips. Or maybe a button in
there somewhere that when pressed, gives the info on the monster.

I'm also pasting something from the Health Stat thread (http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1090-The-Health-Stat.) since it's getting ignored:

"-Make Health affect attack/damage/effectiveness in both PvP and Raids. Negative effect
when under 100, positive if over.

-Make Monsters deal more damage to player.

-Defense would concretely reduce damage taken.

-In Raids, form a Party Health bar from participants' Health Stats, multiplied by 1000 maybe?
PH could be Healed with Energy and the amount Healed would maybe depend on your
Defense Stat. It would then count towards your Raid Damage/Activity.

-Make participants' collective Defense affect how much damage the monster does to Party
Health (1000 times the amount it does to a player?)

-Maybe remove the possibility to refill Health with Gold. Use Energy instead."

Angelus
18th August 2010, 15:14

- Unlock name change ability in the bazaar

- Unique drop for each raid

I agree with alot of these. Nice work dude. = ]

Ude Hikaru
18th August 2010, 15:58

- Unlock name change ability in the bazaar

- Unique drop for each raid

i like most of the idea

- Lower cool down timer on tier 1 raids such as Ataxes and Horgak (agree)

- Unlock name change ability in the bazaar (agree)

- Increase Rogar's Legacy damage proc on Rogar's Lament ( disagree, why not just make new weapon)

- Increase Saargash damage/proc or allow more than one per player (agree but if that happen.. he will be stronger than a general, just fix the damage %)

- Allow group tap for specific groups to be gifted(agree)

- Daily login bonuses (possible 5th day bonus of 1 pcoin)( who will not agree?)

- Troop bonuses (grouping of specific troops or generals)(maybe with a same race or type)

- Unique drop for each raid(agree since many boss got same loot)

- Set/Partial bonuses for wearing certain groups of gear (i.e. If wearing all dragonscale items, players gets bonus attack or % damage)(agree if it add critical chance %)

- Remove raid option for raids you are viewing( this i totally agree)

(agree)
- Higher level cap for generals (i wish the general level can be more than 5)

Felendis
18th August 2010, 19:13
As most people have some, some very good ideas in there Karnage. I can tell you that:

4 of these are coming soon
4 of these are in the pipe, so might come some day
4 of these are not going to happen

:16:

Locke
18th August 2010, 19:16
As most people have some, some very good ideas in there Karnage. I can tell you that:

Oh my... I do believe he did it again. You're enjoying this way too much, Fel! xD Hehe... and so am I. ^^;

Il Palazzo
18th August 2010, 19:28
Oh nice.

Guess time! Not really what I would want, but what I foresse to be most likely. My bet is:

- Lower cool down timer on tier 1 raids such as Ataxes and Horgak NOT

- Unlock name change ability in the bazaar SOON

- Increase Rogar's Legacy damage proc on Rogar's Lament NOT

- Increase Saargash damage/proc or allow more than one per player NOT

- Allow group tap for specific groups to be gifted MAYBE

- Daily login bonuses (possible 5th day bonus of 1 pcoin) MAYBE

- Troop bonuses (grouping of specific troops or generals) MAYBE

- Unique drop for each raid SOON

- Set/Partial bonuses for wearing certain groups of gear (i.e. If wearing all dragonscale items, players gets bonus attack or % damage) SOON

- Remove raid option for raids you are viewing SOON

- Attack button posted on player profiles. MAYBE

- Higher level cap for generals NOT

RockCastellum
18th August 2010, 19:59
My turn!

- Lower cool down timer on tier 1 raids such as Ataxes and Horgak NOT

- Unlock name change ability in the bazaar SOON

- Increase Rogar's Legacy damage proc on Rogar's Lament NOT

- Increase Saargash damage/proc or allow more than one per player NOT

- Allow group tap for specific groups to be gifted SOON

- Daily login bonuses (possible 5th day bonus of 1 pcoin) MAYBE

- Troop bonuses (grouping of specific troops or generals) MAYBE

- Unique drop for each raid MAYBE

- Set/Partial bonuses for wearing certain groups of gear (i.e. If wearing all dragonscale items, players gets bonus attack or % damage) SOON

- Remove raid option for raids you are viewing SOON

- Attack button posted on player profiles. NOT

- Higher level cap for generals MAYBE

Felendis
18th August 2010, 20:16
This is a fun game! :16:

Locke
18th August 2010, 20:17
I'm guessing the same as Pala. Except...

* Will add as i find/think of them* DEPENDS ON KARNAGE

RockCastellum
18th August 2010, 20:46
After a bunch of people have guess, if someone is right we should be told so. Not who it is, leave that open, so we can start a new game of guessing who got it right.

Felendis
18th August 2010, 21:15
After a bunch of people have guess, if someone is right we should be told so. Not who it is, leave that open, so we can start a new game of guessing who got it right.
Deal

Angelus
18th August 2010, 22:19

Your like the devil. But more evil. O_O

Crazybones
18th August 2010, 22:24
All I ask for right now is a news feed and and a bigger target group, the higher the level the wider the range should be, adds a bit of fun and goals to work towards! As to what my bet is, god knows, I only hope Lena holds a bit of sway amongst the dev's :)

Karnage
19th August 2010, 05:52
^Updated list^

Karnage
21st August 2010, 02:48
Updated again

Angelus
21st August 2010, 04:40
Lol. I'm so curious about the four that are gonna be implemented. :D

RockCastellum
21st August 2010, 20:16
- No more introductions of items with weak procs such as Ragar's Lament (102 dmg at lvl 1 is still weak)

I'm just going to have to be blunt with this I think. =/

Taking the "increase the damage on this weapon" suggestion and repackaging it as "don't release any more items like this" doesn't make the general bad idea behind it any better. The new items can't (and shouldn't) always be the best in the game-nor should old ones simply get a power boost (directly or by releasing a new one just like it but stronger). Should new ones come out that take their place eventually? Sure. However, saying "don't ever release items like this again" is just silly talk. The day I never have to stop to consider if the items released are better than my current ones (the possibility of me having the Basilisk Hide armors aside) is the day I lose interest.

On that same note, the planet coin items are about the 2nd-4th strongest items released at any given time. I like that. If they are always the strongest, that's another reason for me to consider not playing.

So please, let this one rest.

- Possible item socketing / with introduction of lootable gems and runes

This is always a fun concept, but the only issue I see is that it would tend to make most (or all) of the current items obsolete.

- Character buffs

This I agree with, and I believe they have said it is in the works.

- Special time based attack [allowed once per so many hours] (upgraded at same lvls as class upgrades)

I think you need to elaborate on this, because that could mean a lot of different things.

- Item forge (combine gear related items to increase stats/ add effects) [ raw material drops from quests i.e. steel ingots, ect..)

I think this would be better than socketing items, personally. That way, you still have a use for the lower items and you're not starting with so much of a blank slate. Also, I THINK it would be easier to implement. More of creating a crafting recipe using code that is already in the game instead of having to write brand new code. All-in-all, a much better direction to go in I think.

~Nago
21st August 2010, 20:57
So, the question begs to be asked .... to what extent can we take this :D

Craft 10 muramasa = 1 super muramasa .... 10 supers = 1 mega ... 10 mega's = 1 ULTRA :D

RockCastellum
21st August 2010, 22:01
I'm a big fan of using many for a minimal upgrade. If you don't even have to consider the equipment cost then it's more time-effective to just release a new super weapon and be done with it. Keeping in mind that I don't like super weapons.

Karnage
25th August 2010, 18:16
Updated

Ude Hikaru
25th August 2010, 23:18
what have comes true now " unique drops on raid"
well since the update, we can see each boss had it own special unique drops^^
nice job devs, i really love it

Karnage
add this
http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1962-Blacksmith-Generals-Troops-and-Seige-weapon

Karnage
25th August 2010, 23:32
what have comes true now " unique drops on raid"
well since the update, we can see each boss had it own special unique drops^^
nice job devs, i really love it

Karnage
add this
http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/showthread.php?1962-Blacksmith-Generals-Troops-and-Seige-weapon

Added

Ude Hikaru
26th August 2010, 00:24
Added

thanks bro

Karnage
26th August 2010, 23:05
Updated Add-Ons section

Karnage
27th August 2010, 19:08
Bump

Updated Add-Ons

Ude Hikaru
27th August 2010, 20:20
I totally agree with most of the points.

I'd add:

more crafting recipes, crafting lots of epic raid loot for legendary items, i.e. craft 50 Muramasa to receive the "Supreme Muramasa" and so on.
Right now when I see one I almost swear aloud ("seriously, no Roc Sinew but THREE MURAMASA?!?"), while it would be nice to have them for a use, expecially as not every player is interested in skirmishes. It would also add difficult strategic chioces, i.e. being stronger in skirmish or having a super cool sword (no contest for me, actually :P )

i agree, non of Muramasa and Masamune had been use, the attack and defense are to poor, crafting 50 Muramasa to get Legendary Muramasa is a cool idea since it should be a legendary katana just like the epic tales

Ronin
30th August 2010, 07:16
I too agree with some of them, if not all. On Rogar's Lament, it seems to be approximately a 10% damage proc when it procs, that really doesn't seem bad to me...

Karnage
30th August 2010, 08:30
I too agree with some of them, if not all. On Rogar's Lament, it seems to be approximately a 10% damage proc when it procs, that really doesn't seem bad to me...

no its a set range of dmg.. if it was 10% i wouldnt mind but at my lvl its still hitting for like 102 dmg.. and thats just weak, even for a lvl 1

crazyguywhoplaysdotd
30th August 2010, 23:05
i have a suggestion. how about custom guild armors and weapons. that way your really part of a guild. yea.

Ronin
31st August 2010, 02:15
no its a set range of dmg.. if it was 10% i wouldnt mind but at my lvl its still hitting for like 102 dmg.. and thats just weak, even for a lvl 1

Well I may have to revise my percentae downward, seems like it may hit for about 5-6% of of damage done when it procs. At my level, (I'm only 104), and based on a 20 stam attack, it does a little over 1000 damage, and my regular 20 attack is about 20-22k.

Karnage
1st September 2010, 13:56
Well I may have to revise my percentae downward, seems like it may hit for about 5-6% of of damage done when it procs. At my level, (I'm only 104), and based on a 20 stam attack, it does a little over 1000 damage, and my regular 20 attack is about 20-22k.

im lvl 187, and with a 20 stam attack it does the same dmg for that it does for you, within a limited range.. i avg 87k per 20 stam attack, so it is not a % add on

Lord Revan
2nd September 2010, 21:32
First I would like to say love the game! and I was thinking that everyone has there own character and it is a bit of work to track them down to look at the gear they have exc. i was thinking it would be kool if you could just click on there name or something and it brings you to them. =)

callumus
3rd September 2010, 03:44
i think that the game should have more wepons to choose from and more crafting for wepons like legendary armor aswell. NEW raid bosses to fight with new magic,armor,wepons,mounts to win. and before you summon a monster you should be able to see what it offers in a loot so if your after something in pertecular you can know that you need to fight this to get this AKA what you want. there should be some amazing design in new wepons some that are just amazing to look at and how they sit on your characters hand and falls like the trail. last thing when you click bazzar there's nothing to buy so there should be like you can buy loot items but and a bit BUT for ridiculous prices so that way money is being spend makes the people happy so they can spend what they are earning and they will have to save up for a while which makes it fun to wait

hope the creaters of this amzing game DOTD will read this and make some of my good choices
many thanks if read

when you buy new thing from the bazzar as i sugested if you do deside to do that then what would be cool is that you need to have certain requirements to be able to buy these items etc ( blade of eldarun requirements level 100+ 50 team members+ + how much this item loot is worth as i said ridiclous money millions)

Ronin
3rd September 2010, 04:33
when you buy new thing from the bazzar as i sugested if you do deside to do that then what would be cool is that you need to have certain requirements to be able to buy these items etc ( blade of eldarun requirements level 100+ 50 team members+ + how much this item loot is worth as i said ridiclous money millions)

I believe one of the things the devs have stated is that they have chosen not to set an army requirement in order to do anything, except to send and receive gifts of course. This is because many people don't have large friend lists, or don't want to fill their lists with a lot of people they don't know just to play a game. Otherwise, items themselves don't have a level requirement per se, but you can't even see some of them until you unlock that level of bazaar, so that qualifies in that respect.