PDA

View Full Version : Pet Dragon

Kenshin
14th July 2010, 14:45
Hi all,
something just popped in my head again and i would like to give suggestions regarding pet dragons..
since we get "solus" dragon hatchling early in the game, wouldn't it be nice if we can pet him like feed him everyday and add an extra slot in the hero called pet dragon solus.

1. Solus can be equipped in his back, tails, feet, claw, etc.. with new items that gives mini stats addition to the game, example: increase chance of getting extra item drops during raid, +1% critical chance

2. Solus can level up once fed every day for 1 week or whatever the devs feels comfortable with to receive 1 extra status on him that eventually increase the stats of the main hero..

the combination used in solus determines the combination of style of the hero played, add more fun and complexity to the game..

just a suggestion,

Hope devs can consider it ^^

Stewie Doo
14th July 2010, 15:02
Really like that idea!

Not sure we need the daily upkeep, but that could add a new aspect I guess, like the idea of equipping the mount though.

Only problem I see, it might have to be spread to all mounts, or you might end up making the others redundant over time.

Lena Gk
14th July 2010, 15:07
interesting idea, but i can't help but think of the puppies in Farmville :D We do appreciate creative stuff like that, and will keep people's ideas in mind when trying to spice things up. Thank you for the proposal!

Stewie Doo
14th July 2010, 15:20
puppies in Farmville

Thinking of a new Raid boss........

Lena Gk
14th July 2010, 15:27
Thinking of a new Raid boss........

yeah, will also add a barn raising

Dorumon21
14th July 2010, 15:34
lol as much as i like the idea, it just seems funny we feeding Solus when i pretty
sure Solus could look after himself.

Other than that, i worry we be teaching him how to roll over....

hero: roll over boy!
Solus:.....
hero: free meat if you do!
Solus: (awesome!) *roll over*
hero: good boy! *throw meat*

Stewie Doo
15th July 2010, 01:28
lol as much as i like the idea, it just seems funny we feeding Solus when i pretty

But everyone knows that if left alone, baby dragons dont get their 5-a-day!!

Kenshin
15th July 2010, 02:31

the training is different dorumon,

the training is how to fly, how to breath fire, how to use tail swipe,
the cool kind of stuff not girls stuff..

LOL

Karnage
19th July 2010, 11:51
I want in on this new raid boss "puppies in a barn".. epic loot #1 kibble n bits

crazyguywhoplaysdotd
13th August 2010, 09:02
one thing i've thought about on this post is as we do get the baby dragon, we could evolve it into a much larger dragon as we train it and as time goes by. didn't read anything like that above. but if it was there sorry.
cool fighting moves besides the ones menchaned above
1. front flip
2. back flip
3. jumping dive
4. wing assult just some ideas, if you want further explanation please ask

Felendis
13th August 2010, 09:39
test

Locke
13th August 2010, 18:15
I would love to see something like this in the game. If done correct, it could be a great addition
to the game. Even if farmville has pets or whatnot, I think since DotD is a bit different sort of a
game, it'd be pretty unique. :D I wouldn't mind at all if you made all mounts, present and
future, "trainable" and "taken-care-ofable". xD I would love it if you could make an originally
not-so powerful mount useful if you stuck with it and kept training and taking care of it. You
could also have different skillsets etc to different mounts/pets. Those would be one more
possible achievement reward as well. ~_^ (Achievement - Beastmaster: Train your pet creature
to level 5. Reward: A new Skill for your pet) Or something...

Ude Hikaru
14th August 2010, 01:21
Hi all,
something just popped in my head again and i would like to give suggestions regarding pet dragons..
since we get "solus" dragon hatchling early in the game, wouldn't it be nice if we can pet him like feed him everyday and add an extra slot in the hero called pet dragon solus.

1. Solus can be equipped in his back, tails, feet, claw, etc.. with new items that gives mini stats addition to the game, example: increase chance of getting extra item drops during raid, +1% critical chance

2. Solus can level up once fed every day for 1 week or whatever the devs feels comfortable with to receive 1 extra status on him that eventually increase the stats of the main hero..

the combination used in solus determines the combination of style of the hero played, add more fun and complexity to the game..

just a suggestion,

Hope devs can consider it ^^

i had suggest this idea before in DotD in FB Group, i really want it too come true too. so i will Vote you up with the high star!! i hope you help me too

unique_st
15th August 2010, 02:44
How about if the pet can also got skill that can be learned when it leveled up
for example :
fire breath : 50% chance to increase 25% damage in 5 minutes
and so on

Ricoz
15th August 2010, 03:13
kinda reminds me of Dragonfable and Tamagotchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi) lol

Zeroth
3rd September 2010, 09:28
And also can evolve at certain level to become Dragon and afterward to Super Dragon. Is it okay?

Ronin
3rd September 2010, 15:28
I was actually also going to suggest that Solus... maybe not level up, so much as grow up. I mean he starts out as a baby from an egg. As the game progresses I was thinking he could grow up over time. But then the issue would become one of lore, as in how fast (or slow) do dragons age in the world of DotD? In most mythologies dragons are nigh immortal, so they have a long time to grow. Or would they maybe hit a magical overnight growth-spurt, kind of like shedding their skin but with a very noticeable increase in size and power?

meh, too tired atm to give it much more thought...

RockCastellum
3rd September 2010, 15:39
The best way to handle that (I think) would be something story related. In that, you need the dragon to mature for some reason, and in order to do so you need some item or spell... or whatever. New crafting recipe later, you have a more mature dragon on your hands. Once that happens, it's just a matter of "well, now that he's usable, he can fight battles and gain experience just like generals and characters". Could even give him special abilities or something along that line--would create a new dimension to the game, like a personal spell slot or something without it being an actual spell.

Ronin
4th September 2010, 00:00
Hmm, an equippable item for your mount, now there's an interesting idea, Numbers :)

Wolfwhisper
4th September 2010, 01:47
Hmmmm, I like the idea of equiping the mount... but frankly I REALLY appreciate the game right now when you DON'T have to be on at (or by) a specific time... if I go on a week long vacation i'm not missing out and i'm making loads of money while i'm gone, but if we'd have to feed Solus in order to keep up with the game it'd be a downer (in my opinion).

Damiora
11th September 2010, 12:41
it would be better if we kept away from things that required people to be on at a certain time
but what about if your pet trains and grows with you?
you could have pet related quests, a bit like a side adventure if you want one
and then the pets could give bonuses like your armor and stuff does as it grows, the bigger it gets and the more you "train" it the more bonuses you get.
Then you could add in things like pet gear, pet armor, pet potions
and that way you could have different kinds of pets so people could train multiples for different types of bonuses depending on what they are doing or just to collect them all

Omnius
22nd October 2010, 19:48
i like this idea

lumine99
25th October 2010, 11:36
hmm... solus shouldn't grow up until we reached a certain point of the story... instead of growing up, how about stats like:
level[reqs to learn certain skills]
happiness[higher chance to do special moves]
hunger[needed to do special moves and learn skills]
aptitude[increase the chance of learning skills while training...]
active skills[3-4 slots of skills]

and the special moves:
(1)fire bolt[deal 5% of your damage done, when active disables other fire breathing related skills]
(5)cover[take damage for you, reduce hunger and happiness]
(10)fire ball[deal 10% of your damage done, when active disables other fire breathing related skills]
(15)bite[increase chance to deal criticals]
(20)flamethrower[deal 15% of your damage done, when active disables other fire breathing related skills]
(30)evasion[gives enemy a chance to miss, only reduce hunger(unlike cover)]
(40)breath of flame[deal 25% of your damage done, when active disables other fire breathing related skills]
(50)dragon tail[deal extra damage while avoiding damage]

how bout that??

byron2114
25th October 2010, 15:28
What if mount can learn moves? or even special moves... I'm sure that would be cool! :011: