PDA

View Full Version : Upgradable armor and weapons

Trinity
6th July 2010, 09:30
I think it would be nice to have armor with "slots". The number of slots would vary on each item be random drops from raids/quest.

The slots could be filled with "stones" which would have special bonuses like health, stamina, etc. Or the stone would grant a special ability like a critical hit bonus chance. The stones would also be random drops from raids/quest.

Once the armor/weapon is imbued with the stone- it would become "soulbound" on the character, meaning you can no longer gift or sell it to others. (when that becomes available in the game)

Hope you like my idea. :003:

Shadowalk
6th July 2010, 09:38
I like that :) socketable/gemstones.

Another idea could be that each item has a random chance of X sockets. And their be secret "formulas" that if you put the right 3-6 stones in the weapon it becomes a special weapon. Similar to "Runewords" in diablo.

And possibilty of a "Enhancement" Quest where the prize is you get to put one item in a box and it'll add a stat or more depending on how high lvl the quest is.

This would certainly add things to the items. And our users. (And can work well with Armors/Weapons/helms and shields.

Felendis
6th July 2010, 10:07
Very good idea. :)

Angelus
6th July 2010, 10:10
Would gifting and selling to others really become a possibility though?

Felendis
6th July 2010, 10:17
Would gifting and selling to others really become a possibility though?
Not with the current system, no. There are some ways to design around exploiting a gifting/selling system, which would be worth at least exploring some day. The socketing idea can be implemented previous to that though. In Trinity's example, the gems and item could still be soulbound upon combining them, you would just have some finite amount of equipment with slots and a finite amount of gems, the strategy and customization comes in when you have to choose if you want a certain gem to take a slot in a certain item. Like, do you really want to put this rare gem in this Legendary Helm, or leave it empty till you get get an epic/legendary gem? Because if you put that rare gem in there, its stuck forever and that Legendary Helm was super hard to get...

Just making stuff up, but thats the idea.

Shadowalk
6th July 2010, 10:56
yeah that's a good thing the "once you put a gem in it, its not removable".

Even if you don't want the items to "drop" with the set amount of Sockets/Slots, you could have a quest or a "Buy" of a visit to the blacksmith to socket your item. and then its upto the game to assign it from 1 socket to 6 or whatever (depending on item type as obviously armor and weapons have more socketable area than say helms) :)

Harsh
6th July 2010, 12:16
how about some Elemental Stones? lesser fire stone = add +100 FIRE damage.(hey i'm just giving an idea)Fire,Water,Earth,dark,Light... instead of +stamina or health or Eng... oh and when the stones/gems are mixd with the Equips, Equips will change colors..

Pil
6th July 2010, 13:04
Ah.. ability gem sound great.
Here i list some of the effect... but im not sure how much coding, but it can implement step by step

Passive
Reduce 10 sec of normal stam/en/hp regeneration
Increase n% income of total income
Reduce n% income lost when lost in PVP
n% chance to get item/craft/unit every 24hr

Offensive
Increase n% dmg
n% chance to Double Atk (Work pretty much like critical but its more like extra chance to get 2nd hit)
n% chance to increase critical / 20% dmg
n% chance to deal extra dmg in raids
n% chance to hv extra random general/unit to deal dmg

Defensive (mostly for PVP)
n% chance to Block/Evade atk
n% chance to counter attack
n% chance to reduce dmg received

PVP
n% chance to gain extra cash/item
n% chance to steal stam/energy/hp/honor
n% chance to make opponent lost 1 stam/energy
n% chance to disarm (cost opponent to unequip 1 gear, this will go on until opponent notice that flaw.... vicious)
n% to gain opponent's land/unit
n% chance to inflict riot, cause opponent lost 1 hr of income
n% chance to cause opponent's army fail (mean no extra armies benefit in skirmish)
n% to reduce opponent's stat

thts all i can think of right now.. when there is more feature.. mayb there is more ability

Dorumon21
6th July 2010, 15:20
I like the idea of sockets lol. But to the above... can we not have something that
we can hit ppl and hinder everything they have? It might cause problems with
ppl being able to do all at once take opponents stam/energy, stats, income,
etc... mainly cause you can crush someone till they might as well start over.

Pil
6th July 2010, 16:39
Dorumon21, r u refering the list i wrote? some of the steal,or lost.. r more like.. lets say the time u atk.. yur opponent hv 10 stam, u able to steal 1.. yur opponent will hv to spend 4 ~ 5 mins more to regain bak tht stam. the only thruly hurtful, is land.. but of coz higher value land r harder to steal.. plus it was chances.. mayb thy make it 2% chance to steal a cornfield.. and 0.05% to steal a castle..

but very occasionally, most ppl will go for practical ability like block, extra dmg .. there is very little room to crush somebody till he/she hv to start all over... also some skill r not stackable..most debuff are working temporary..

Ude Hikaru
22nd August 2010, 18:09
I like it^^, it should be gems slot like this

BLACKSMITH
I hope Blacksmith can be added and we can Craft the Weapon and Armor Set so that Premium Weapon and armor set have some gem slot that can be add from a gem that you get from a boss loot or buying by planet coin( at least there is more thing to sell that give benefit to player and developer)
here some example:
add Blacksmith that can forge weapon and armor set
adding gem slot to a weapon or Armor set cost 5 Planet coin or 100m gold coin
max slot is 3 per item
every slot can't be same time of gems
example:
Slot one(effect): Ruby Gem = increase critical
Slot two(bonus): Diamond Gem = add bonus damage
Slot three(magic): Magic gem = add magic (such as haste, Poison, Quicken Mind,expose weakness,elemental damage ice,fire wind, earth)

Gem Type:
Super Gems (Crafted by combining Premium + Rare/Epic gem) 10%
Premium Gems (buy by planet coin) 7% bonus. 10 Planet coins each
Rare/Epic Gems ( from hard boss) 5% Bonus
Common Gems (a normal boss drops/Quest loot/buy by gold coin in bazaar/Gifts) 3% bonus

% is for effect on Critical chance, Bonus damage and magic effect

Reset the Slot will cost 1 Planet coins or 20m gold per slots

~Nago
22nd August 2010, 19:41
Definitely has the potential to add an entirely new aspect to the game. And gems could be drop from many different ways. I'm going on the assumption that the "color" of raid's means that there will soon be difficulty bosses (normal, hard, legendary, nightmare)

Types of Gems:

Wandering Stones (Adds +x stats to ENERGY)
Battle Stones (Adds +x stats to STAMINA)
Renown Stone (Adds +x stats to HONOR)
Sharpening Stone (Adds +x stat to ATTACK)
Dampening Stone (Adds +x stat to DEFENSE)
"TYPE" Speed Stone (decreases "TYPE" regen by x%)

WANDERING Speed Stone
BATTLE Speed Stone
RENOWN Speed Stone

"TYPE" Growth Stone (increases regen amount of "TYPE" stat)

WANDERING Growth Stone
BATTLE Growth Stone
RENOWN Growth Stone

"TYPE" Void Stone (% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point from opponent)

WANDERING Void Stone
BATTLE Void Stone
RENOWN Void Stone

Effects (for + STATS)

Common: +1 (Common/Uncommon loot from Normal bosses) - unlimited stone usage
Rare: +2 (Uncommon/Rare loot from Hard bosses) - limited to 10 items with this stone
Scarce: +4 (Rare loot from Legendary Bosses) - limited to 4 items with this stone type
Unique: +8 (Epic loot from Nightmare Bosses) - limited 1 item with this stone type

Effects (for SPEED stones)

Common: 1% (Common/Uncommon loot from Normal bosses) - unlimited stone usage
Rare: 2% (Uncommon/Rare loot from Hard bosses) - limited to 10 items with this stone
Scarce: 3% (Rare loot from Legendary Bosses) - limited to 4 items with this stone type
Unique: 5% (Epic loot from Nightmare Bosses) - limited 1 item with this stone type
A 1% reduction would only get around 2-3 second reduction (based on character type).
A 5% reduction would only result in 12 seconds cut off ... but that is substantial when paired over the course of time.

Effects (for GROWTH stones) [ONLY 1 GROWTH STONE MAY EVER BE SLOTTED]

Common: +1 regen point every 4 regen cycles (5 regen points every 5 cycles)
Rare: +1 regen point every 3 regen cycles (4 regen points every 3 reven cycles)
Scarce: +1 regen point every 2 cycles (3 regen points every 2 regen cycles)
Unique: +1 regen point every cycle (2 regen points every regen cycle)

Effects (for VOID stones)

Common: 1% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point
Rare: 2% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point
Scarce: 5% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point
Unique: 10% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point

EXAMPLES:
Item with UNIQUE Battle Stone would grant +8 to stamina while equipped.
Item with RARE Wandering Speed Stone would grant -2% to ENERGY regen.
Item with SCARCE Renown Growth Stone would grant 3 regen points in 8 minutes, instead of 2.
Item with COMMON Wandering Void stone would grant 1% chance to steal 1 energy point from opponent in PvP (regular/skirmish/joust).

COMPOUNDING ITEM STATS.
EXAMPLE ... SOCK (LEGENDARY item ... grants 4 slots)
Slot 1 - Unique Battle Growth Stone
Slot 2 - Scarce Battle Speed Stone
Slot 3 - Scarce Sharpening Stone
Slot 4 - Uncommon Battle Void Stone

Would create a SOCK with the ability to regen 2 Stamina every cycle, a 3% reduction in Stamina regen timer, +4 attack and a 5% chance to steal 1 Stamina point from opponents in PvP.

Now, OBVIOUSLY, based on the above example, these stones would need to be RARE for even their "rarity class" (common, uncommon, rare, epic). And potentially need to cost a SUBSTANTIAL amount of gold to craft. I don't think it should cost PC's to craft items, as that would limit those people who DON't play using PC's ... or only use PC's gained from leveling.

If you want to change the slots in an item, you need to "DESTROY" that item (the stones and ITEM will be removed from your inventory) ... so in the case of SOCK, you would need to RE-COLLECT the item again ... but there is a % chance that you would recover some of the stones, depending on how many slots there were. 1 slot ... slight chance, 4 slots, good chance for 1, slight chance for 2, rare chance for 3.
Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Ude Hikaru
22nd August 2010, 19:46
Definitely has the potential to add an entirely new aspect to the game. And gems could be drop from many different ways. I'm going on the assumption that the "color" of raid's means that there will soon be difficulty bosses (normal, hard, legendary, nightmare)

Types of Gems:

Wandering Stones (Adds +x stats to ENERGY)
Battle Stones (Adds +x stats to STAMINA)
Renown Stone (Adds +x stats to HONOR)
Sharpening Stone (Adds +x stat to ATTACK)
Dampening Stone (Adds +x stat to DEFENSE)
"TYPE" Speed Stone (decreases "TYPE" regen by x%)

WANDERING Speed Stone
BATTLE Speed Stone
RENOWN Speed Stone

"TYPE" Growth Stone (increases regen amount of "TYPE" stat)

WANDERING Growth Stone
BATTLE Growth Stone
RENOWN Growth Stone

"TYPE" Void Stone (% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point from opponent)

WANDERING Void Stone
BATTLE Void Stone
RENOWN Void Stone

Effects (for + STATS)

Common: +1 (Common/Uncommon loot from Normal bosses) - unlimited stone usage
Rare: +2 (Uncommon/Rare loot from Hard bosses) - limited to 10 items with this stone
Scarce: +4 (Rare loot from Legendary Bosses) - limited to 4 items with this stone type
Unique: +8 (Epic loot from Nightmare Bosses) - limited 1 item with this stone type

Effects (for SPEED stones)

Common: 1% (Common/Uncommon loot from Normal bosses) - unlimited stone usage
Rare: 2% (Uncommon/Rare loot from Hard bosses) - limited to 10 items with this stone
Scarce: 3% (Rare loot from Legendary Bosses) - limited to 4 items with this stone type
Unique: 5% (Epic loot from Nightmare Bosses) - limited 1 item with this stone type
A 1% reduction would only get around 2-3 second reduction (based on character type).
A 5% reduction would only result in 12 seconds cut off ... but that is substantial when paired over the course of time.

Effects (for GROWTH stones) [ONLY 1 GROWTH STONE MAY EVER BE SLOTTED]

Common: +1 regen point every 4 regen cycles (5 regen points every 5 cycles)
Rare: +1 regen point every 3 regen cycles (4 regen points every 3 reven cycles)
Scarce: +1 regen point every 2 cycles (3 regen points every 2 regen cycles)
Unique: +1 regen point every cycle (2 regen points every regen cycle)

Effects (for VOID stones)

Common: 1% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point
Rare: 2% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point
Scarce: 5% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point
Unique: 10% chance to steal 1 "TYPE" point

EXAMPLES:
Item with UNIQUE Battle Stone would grant +8 to stamina while equipped.
Item with RARE Wandering Speed Stone would grant -2% to ENERGY regen.
Item with SCARCE Renown Growth Stone would grant 3 regen points in 8 minutes, instead of 2.
Item with COMMON Wandering Void stone would grant 1% chance to steal 1 energy point from opponent in PvP (regular/skirmish/joust).

COMPOUNDING ITEM STATS.
EXAMPLE ... SOCK (LEGENDARY item ... grants 4 slots)
Slot 1 - Unique Battle Growth Stone
Slot 2 - Scarce Battle Speed Stone
Slot 3 - Scarce Sharpening Stone
Slot 4 - Uncommon Battle Void Stone

Would create a SOCK with the ability to regen 2 Stamina every cycle, a 3% reduction in Stamina regen timer, +4 attack and a 5% chance to steal 1 Stamina point from opponents in PvP.

Now, OBVIOUSLY, based on the above example, these stones would need to be RARE for even their "rarity class" (common, uncommon, rare, epic). And potentially need to cost a SUBSTANTIAL amount of gold to craft. I don't think it should cost PC's to craft items, as that would limit those people who DON't play using PC's ... or only use PC's gained from leveling.

Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

nice job, i like it^^

~Nago
22nd August 2010, 19:54
And obviously, there would be room for many other types of stones ... those were just the ones I came up with while typing :)

Ude Hikaru
22nd August 2010, 20:00
And obviously, there would be room for many other types of stones ... those were just the ones I came up with while typing :)

lol complete it before you post it out, i thinks better not too complicated or developer won't make it comes true.. a simple gems slot upgrade is just nice and to combine rare+epic gems to more powerful gem is even nicer^^

hey since you are good on this, comment my other suggestion thread too would ya? i would like to see your idea^^

LadyVashj
8th November 2010, 18:08
very cool ideas people. !! gemming/ slotting.. i hope the developers arent beating their head with the amount of work coming through them to make us happY!!

Profession next falendis??? or Disenchanting?.. Dont crit your brain now.. LoL